Thursday, August 7, 2008

classes commence

As exciting as classes should be in a new country-- they're not. I like my classes, don't get me wrong, but having to spend time in a classroom when the sun is shining and the beaches are so close to school is just a tease. Miami-itis, anyone? Anyways, I'm taking Antropologia da Arte, Intro a Economia, Educacao e Sociedade, Portugues IV, Musculacao (gym), and maybe a couple of others that I haven't decided on yet. I was thinking of also taking a new language, like French or Hebrew, but we'll see about that. I also want to join some clubs to do some volunteer work so I'm going to look into that as soon as possible.

Classes are pretty much the same here as they are in the states-- except all of mine are in Portuguese. I had the option to take some in English but I honestly didn't see the point. When the time comes to start handing papers in that's going to be fun.

Something different here that I like is that students don't spend hundreds of dollars on textbooks. They have these little kiosks that make copies of the readings we have to do and we just pay something like R$.10 per page. It's pretty amazing.

In other news life is fine...

Tudo joia,
Anthony

3 comments:

metss41 said...

hi anthony hope everything is good reading your blog's sound's like your going to have a very interresting semster i know that you will make the right choice's hope your absorbing all this in you are in a great position to enjoy schhol and life well i talk to u soon be safe and have fun love alway's dad

Silvana said...

Eu te amo! Eu nao esperar para
visita-lo ......

David said...

Post some pics Anthony! Glad to see your enjoying life in Rio, wish I could be there with ya!