Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Is it really over again/already?

I am at the Caracas airport waiting for my flight to go home. I cannot believe it. This trip has been absolutely stupendously astronomically dynamic and amazing and incredible and at times quite terrible.

Honestly, I don't even know how to write this entry. To summarize everything would be useless because it is impossible, when words only limit us. What I can say is that every difficulty, every problem, every bump in the road, has only served me. Problems in life are like that. I was watching 13 Going on 30 in the posada last night and the girl´s mother in the movie said that she had no regrets in life because if she didn't make the wrong choice sometime she would never learn how to make things right. I feel that way about my travels and my life. Yes Venezuela is dangerous. Yes, I put myself in situations that others would never dream of. But I do not live my life with regrets, because any obstacle only makes me stronger and more capable of dealing with adversity. To leave at a moment of hardship would be a disservice to me because I would not have learned how to deal with the difficulty.

I am happy to be returning home. I miss everyone and everything. But this trip has a special place in my heart, because all I've seen, and all I've done, are now a part of me, and a part of my life.

Until my next travels...

Anthony

No comments: